First, make sure you are logged in. You can Login from the Reminders section of the application. There is always a “Clock” icon labeled Reminders located in the bottom navigation bar. Simply tap on this icon to enter the Reminders section. If you are not already logged-in, you will see the Login button in the center of the screen. Once logged-in, creating a reminder is as easy as tapping on the color-coded icon that represents the type of reminder you wish to create. You can create reminders:
- to TAKE your medication
- to REFILL your prescription
- to remind you of a scheduled APPOINTMENT
- for some other action like monitoring your VITALS (for example, checking your blood sugar) or managing your lifestyle (like changing your toothbrush or exercising!)
As an example, let’s begin by tapping on the blue “Take My Medication” icon. Please note, all the reminder types follow these same steps:
- Notice how a new screen rises up from the bottom containing all the questions required to create a new reminder. This same process will occur, no matter what type of reminder you choose to create.
- Take a quick glance at the screen – you will see category headings in the white boxes. Let’s call those “sections.” Each section needs to be completed to properly create a reminder.
- Begin by selecting your medication. Tap on the white box labeled Medication. A drop-down menu will appear with the most commonly prescribed medications listed in alphabetical order. You can scroll through the list, or begin to type in the search box to find your medication. Once found, tap on the medication name. You will see that the medication list will disappear and your medication name will be populated in the white box.
- Now, let’s choose the frequency – or, how often you take the medication. You’ll notice that if you choose Weekly or More than Once a Week, you must then select the day or days of the week. Tap on “Done” to move on to next step.
- Now, select the time that you need to take the medication and your time zone. You can add additional times during the same day by clicking the “2x Per Day” link. Tap on “Done” to move on to next step.
- Now, select the start and end dates for your reminders. You can scroll through the calendar “ticker” to choose the appropriate dates. Taking a medication indefinitely? Simply leave the End Date field blank. You can always edit of delete the reminder later. Tap on “Done” to move on to next step.
- Lastly, select how you want to receive your reminder message. You can receive it by email, as a text message (SMS) to your mobile phone, or as an automated voice call to any telephone. You can select any or all options. Simply tap the delivery method you want and turn that option “on.” If you do not see the email or phone number you want to use listed, tap on the email or phone number that is there, and then tap on “Add….” Tap on “Done” to complete.
- When all field are completed, tap on “Save” in the top right corner of screen.